· I believe that good government is based on the individual and that each person’s ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored and recognized.
· I believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.
· I believe that sound money policy should be our goal.
· I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin. I believe that persons with disabilities should be afforded equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity as well.
· I believe we must retain those principles worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view.
· I believe that Americans value and should preserve their feeling of national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.
· Finally, I believe that the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.